Nepal at glance
Nepal is a Landlocked Country lying in Asia Continent bordering China in the northen part and India in the South as neighboring countries and having close ties. Nepal lies within Latitudes 26'&31'N and Longitudes 80'&89'E covering an area of 1,47,151 sq.km among which 4000 sq.km is covered with water. Capital city of Nepal is renowed Kathmandu city.
Nepal is topographically divided in three regions; Himalayas, Hilly and Terai regions resulting in variations in climatic conditions with differences in
Elevations. We can find the seasons as summer, Monsoon, autumn, winter and spring. Many Lakes, high Himalayas, Diversity in Wildlife, flora and fauna and amazing landscapes and interesting cultures has made Nepal popular and an attractive place with high potential for Tourism sector and contributes 3% of national GDP.
• The Administrative system and officials of Nepal is governed according to the Constitution of Nepal which is prepared by the peoples selected through Elections and other processes in the governance system. As of 20th Sept, Nepal is divided into 7 provinces and & 75 districts. The natives of Nepal are known as 'Nepali' or w'Nepalese' and also 'Gurkhas' in different parts of the world, entitled because of their bravery from the Ancestors. The national flag is in two triangular shapes different from rest of the orld and unique. And New Year begins from 1st of Baisakh which falls in mid April and is divided into 12 months. And we can feel four different seasons here in Nepal. They are:
• September – November is considered as autumn season.
• December – February is considered as winter season.
• March – May is considered as spring season.
• June – August is considered as summer season.
Nepali is the official language though it is a multiethnic, multicultural country, multi religious with linguistic heritages. We can find different types of languages spoken in different communities and different parts of the country with their own individual culture, traditions, norms, values and beliefs and way of livelihood.
Nepali Rupees is the currency of Nepal along with coins being frequently used for small proportions. You can exchange it through authorized money exchange counters or from banks in Nepal.
Though Nepal being a secular country, majority of people follows Hinduism. All the other religions are also followed and respected equally and numbers of holidays are enjoyed in the country with fun and co-operation. Kathmandu being largest city is the heart with many cultures and economy.
Proportions of poor are decreasing subsequently since 2003 with increase in all the sectors of infrastructures Health, Education, Law enforcement, way of living and stability of politics increasing at present in the country. Road transportation is reachable to most of the part of the country and Air transportation being easier and accessible with an International Airport in Kathmandu City and also under construction in Pokhara. Perennial nature of rivers originated from the snowy mountains and glaciers has made easier in energy fulfillment by Electricity and also a sector of fun and Adventures for water event lovers.
Welcoming the visitors as God, Respect to elders and love and care to younger is a trademark of Nepalese culture!
Get In touch
We are located - Near to Chhetrapati Chowk (5.6 km from Tribhuvan International Airport), Chhetrapati Chowk, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal.